Thursday 11 August 2011

Sixteenth Appointment

Thursday, 11th August, 2011

Block of the day - Canadian Star

We had to wait until 5.00 p.m. before ringing the hospital to check on the time of Richard's appointment. We were told to come in now, which we did, arriving around 6.00 p.m. We had to wait a while but Richard went through about 6.30 p.m. Everywhere seemed very quiet and calm, which was a good sign. Apparently, the machine we should be using is now working and we will go in tomorrow at the time on the list, i.e. 12.05 p.m.

Strange day! We have been married 46 years today - many interesting, difficult and happy times but on the whole not too bad. And I spent two hours on line while a young man in New Delhi had control of this computer and put a few things right for me. Weird!

Anna - the blocks are, as Lucy said, already pieced and tacked, a project I've been working on for around four years now. I take a different one each day to quilt. At the end, I will join them all together to make a large quilt, to be known as the prostate quilt! I will probably be so sick of it by then that I will give it to the hospital to sell or raffle. Or not. We'll see.

Back again tomorrow, before we get two days off at the weekend.

Christine

No comments: